In all the various disciplines of yoga, one commonality is the belief and reference to the seven different energy centers or chakras located within the body.
At dinner the other night, a friend suggested I lead mindfulness yoga and meditation retreats to the seven different energy centers of the earth.
Woah! Mind blown. It never occurred to me that the earth also had energy centers. Seems logical enough being that the earth is a living planet.
A quick google search turned up dozens of articles on the locations of the earth’s energy centers. With some variation, the consensus seemed to be the following locations:
1. Root Chakra - Mt. Shasta, California;
2. Sacral Chakra - Lake Titicaca, Bolivia & Peru;
3. Solar Plexus Chakra - Uluru & Kata Tjuta, Australia;
4. Heart Chakra - Glastonbury & Shaftesbury, England;
5. Throat Chakra - Great Pyramid of Giza & Mt. Sinai, Egypt and Mt. of Olives - Jerusalem, Israel;
6. Third Eye Chakra - this one apparently migrates and is currently located in Glastonbury & Shaftesbury, England;
7. Crown Chakra - Kailash, Tibet.
There are also high energy locations located at the poles.
Whether or not you believe in these energy centers is irrelevant. What you can believe rather easily is that the earth is a living planet and that these are some truly beautiful places to visit.
That being said - now I’m allowing myself to develop a new dream bucket list about actually leading mindfulness yoga and meditation retreats to all these places.
I have no doubt the experience would be that much richer with a group. Will you join me?